Original, different, and extremely good FUN!
Indoor Curling or "Kurling" as its known is a brilliant ,original and fun way to engage the whole class at a time. Curling is a form of the original curling game, but adapted so that it can be played indoors on any smooth, flat surface, such as a sports gym, school hall or even in classrooms given enough space, rather than on ice.
This is an Olympic sport that can be played by both able-bodied and disabled people of all ages and all abilities. It develops patience, timing and judgement skills and exercises muscles you would not usually use. All we need is a flat hard floor.
- A quick taster, a taste of this Olympic sport for up to 5 different groups during the day, where the pupils get to use specially adapted equipment for indoor curling. These last about 45 /60 minutes. we can take a class at a time.
- A full day with 2 or 3 groups. During this session the pupils learn more about curling.
- As for a taster session, but much longer in duration. Participants learn scoring and run a mini competition. We can also discuss the manufacturing methods used for the different parts of the “stones”.
- Tournaments - Either a “Full” or “Mini” can be organised by request
- Short programs over a period of a few days to a few weeks.
- Inset or staff days. You can use these sessions with staff on inset and for team building or reward days.